Tuesday, January 25, 2011

after great pain i.e. melancholy poetry day

 



"After great pain, a formal feeling comes --
The Nerves sit ceremonious, like Tombs --
The stiff Heart questions was it He, that bore,
And Yesterday, or Centuries before?

The Feet, mechanical, go round --
Of Ground, or Air, or Ought --
A Wooden way
Regardless grown,
A Quartz contentment, like a stone --

This is the Hour of Lead --
Remembered, if outlived,
As Freezing persons, recollect the Snow --
First -- Chill -- then Stupor -- then the letting go --"

-emily dickinson


      Haiku for 1.25.11 (same Pain repeated)

does it mean Something?
or inconsequentially
martyred self-deceit?

Redemptive Value?
or mere unconscious craving,
dark self-indulgence?

does some Lofty Call
rend my soul and heart like this?
or vain pretension?

same Pain repeated
resonates, growing stronger
Irresistable.

1 comment:

  1. I see that I am not the first to comment, but I will proudly mention that I am the first 'follower' of this blog...whatever that really means.
    I've enjoyed your posts so far. They are so well written and descriptive, I'm jealous. :) I also really do like the portrait of yourself- even melancholy has its own distinct beauty.
    talk to you later! happy blogging!
    -abby

    ReplyDelete